does the complaints process ever actually work

Started by QuietQuid · Jun 25, 2026
  1. QuietQuid
    Member
    Messages
    9
    Jun 25, 2026#1

    Got a dispute rumbling with a site and I'm about to fire off a formal complaint. Before I spend evenings on it — does this process ever actually get results, or is it designed to bore you into giving up?

  2. TheGaffer
    Member
    Messages
    23
    Jun 25, 2026#2

    It works more often than you'd think, but only if you treat it like admin: complaint in writing, give them the stated window to respond, then escalate to their independent dispute service if the answer's rubbish. Vague angry emails go nowhere; documented ones get taken seriously.

  3. KevFromAccounts
    Member
    Messages
    13
    Jun 25, 2026#3

    Keep every live chat transcript and email from day one — and I mean save copies, don't rely on your inbox. The cases I've seen win were the ones where the person had a folder of receipts.

  4. QuietQuid
    Member
    Messages
    9
    Jun 25, 2026#4

    Folder started, transcripts saved, window noted. Cheers both — will report back either way.

18+ — If gambling stops being fun, the National Gambling Helpline (GamCare) is free on 0808 8020 133, and you can self-exclude from every UK-licensed site at GamStop.

Some links here are affiliate links, so we may earn a commission if you join a site through them — it never costs you a penny.