swear the terms changed after i'd opted in

Started by MegFromMerseyside · Jun 23, 2026
  1. MegFromMerseyside
    Member
    Messages
    10
    Jun 23, 2026#1

    Opted into an offer last week, went back to check something today and I'm sure the terms read differently to when I joined. Am I losing it or do sites actually do this?

  2. KevFromAccounts
    Member
    Messages
    13
    Jun 23, 2026#2

    You're not losing it — terms can be updated, and unless you saved a copy you've no leg to stand on. Screenshot everything at the point you opt in, every time, no exceptions.

  3. TheGaffer
    Member
    Messages
    23
    Jun 23, 2026#3

    Seconded. And if you genuinely think they've moved the goalposts mid-offer, put it in writing to support and take it down their formal complaints route if they fob you off. Paper trail is everything.

  4. MegFromMerseyside
    Member
    Messages
    10
    Jun 23, 2026#4

    Screenshot habit starts today then. Ta both — at least I know I'm not going mad.

18+ — If gambling stops being fun, the National Gambling Helpline (GamCare) is free on 0808 8020 133, and you can self-exclude from every UK-licensed site at GamStop.

Some links here are affiliate links, so we may earn a commission if you join a site through them — it never costs you a penny.